Schuberts Test Centre and Academy
A new phase for Schuberts, separate from any current manufacturing in Leeds, UK – we have launched a production sized, fully working test centre and training academy site, based north of Sheffield, UK. This really is a first in the coatings industry and underlines the commitment and flexibility of the business moving forward.
The equipment installed includes:-
- Manual spray shop enclosure with clean air input and humidity control.
- Flash-off zone.
- Schubox gas catalytic infrared drying system, capable of running from 30c to 60c.
- Overhead conveyor through spray shop, flash-off and Schubox, for hanging a wide range of components.
- Paint mix room and equipment.
- Kit-Cat drying zone.
- Burst fire Schuburst IR test equipment.
- Sandbox de-nibbing bench.
- Flex-Trim brush sanding machine and cores.
- Giardina profile sanding machine.
- Giardina profile spray machine.
- Giardina panel spray line with overspray recovery belt systems.
- Giardina combination through-feed drying tunnel.
- Gas catalytic pre-gel and curing for powdercoating lines.
- Factory humidification system.
The test facility is designed to take a wide range of coating technologies from every industry and run production-levels of R&D and testing for clients.
The academy will allow customers to have their operators trained to certified and accredited standards for spraying/coating and the operators can learn about both manual and automatic coating methods, guns, pumps, and maintenance.